Harvest-Linked Prayer Strategy “HeLPS” – Overview
If you haven’t already, please register your participation with the Ethne Harvest-Linked Prayer Strategy initiative. When you do, we can know how many are participating and can serve you better by keeping you posted on additions to the website and new tools as they are released.
In order for the Global Body of Christ to reach the 27%–the Least Reached People Groups (LRPs), join a global, 12-month prayer initiative beginning June and ending May of each year, focusing on the Least Reached Peoples of each of 12 geographic regions month-by-month beginning in the east and moving westward.
Further, encourage our networks and others in each region to simultaneously initiate 90 days of strategic harvest activities among these Least Reached Peoples in order to effectively conserve the expected results of this focused, global outpouring of prayer.
Ethnê’s mobilization DVD with a video overview, 12 five-minute testimony stories, and related tools are available through the Prayer Resources page.
The key tool is a set of two DVDs that contain a series of 12 video stories (testimonies) 5-7 min. each, one per region, which are testimonies of what God has already done in the lives of believers formerly of LRPs [Least-Reached Peoples] in each region & are now involved in reaching others. These stories give a face to the LRPs, llustrate the ways God is moving in the earth today, and highlight specific prayer needs to inspire action. A set of bulletin inserts and a bookmark are available for each region. Ethnê partners with Global Prayer Digest to produce 12 months’ of 30-day prayer guides, one matching each of the 12 Ethnê regions. Order a subscription or to subscribe to it daily by email at http://www.globalprayerdigest.org/. Joshua Project is partners by providing people group profiles. Further details information at legacy.joshuaproject.net.
Parallel with the prayer initiative, the Ethnê movement seeks to stimulates simultaneous 90 days of strategic harvest efforts focused on the Least-Reached Peoples of each region, beginning in the month for which they are prayed and continuing for the following two months. During this time, a unique window of opportunity exists, a kairos moment, when hearts are open and prepared as a direct result of the fervent specific prayers of the global Body of Christ. Workers from within and outside the regions are encouraged to take the opportunity to see new work pioneered among these groups which have little or no work at the present time.
Email email@example.com, to join a network of regional facilitators who:
- Serve as a communications hub from the region to Ethne and back
- Identify & link prayer and harvest force networks in each region
- Identify regional videography teams to help produce video tools
- Identify regional musician/ethnomusicologists to help produce Ethne music
- Gather regional story ideas & assist to produce video story (testimony)
- Gather & disseminate prayer points & praise reports through networks
- Gather & share other helpful tools & models for fulfilling the vision of Ethne to Ethne, and
- Help stimulate and inspire partnership toward prayer mobilization and simultaneous strategic initiatives for the region
Click here to read more of the testimonies of what God has done across the regions.
- Globalization of prayer-tying together prayer networks, churches and others in a tightly-woven net of coordinated prayer region-by-region over a one-year period which is effectively linked with grassroots harvest initiatives.
- Greater fruitfulness and rapidly-multiplying church planting movements-by tying together this global prayer initiative with strategic outreaches focused on church planting to bless each region, we are seeing new churches planted among the remaining 6,918 least reached peoples.
- Strengthened regional connections & ownership of the Great Commission-by partnering on a specific joint effort with existing UPG networks and other individuals, churches and agencies already at work in the regions, stronger bonds are forged between these groups, greater unity results, and the Church in the region is more effective locally as well as in its own global outreaches.
- Greater numbers of workers in least-reached areas– by sharing existing models of hope and highlighting the examples of fruit that has come from workers sent from Latin America, Africa, India, Russia, China, and other non-Western nations [in the story videos], emerging harvest forces are greatly encouraged and inspired to greater, more effective action and can stand on the shoulders of those who have gone before and be even more effective.
- Greater efficiency and economy of efforts-by using what God has already given us and stewarding those resources well, we believe God will bless and multiply resources to be more than enough for the task. This is a strong biblical principle throughout scripture. Less waste would occur by avoiding duplication of efforts. Because of strategic, focused prayer, we experience the blessing and empowerment of God which makes a formidable task do-able. With God, nothing is impossible!