• Of the 16,595 people groups by country, 6,864 are still considered unreached.
• 9,731 people groups by country are not considered Least-Reached, totaling 3,953,774,000 individuals, or about 59% of the world’s population.
• Of the 16,595 total people groups, 6,864 are identified as Least-Reached using Joshua Project criteria, totaling 2,771,999,000 individuals. Of these 6,864 groups, 5,903 are in 10/40 Window countries. That means 86% of all unreached people groups are in the 10/40 Window.
• 961 of the Least-Reached groups are NOT in the 10/40 Window, totaling 79,110,000 individuals. These groups are relatively accessible to the Good News of the Gospel.
• Of the 6,864 Least-Reached people groups, about 3,548 (52%) are small groups under 10,000 in population (or population unknown) and all these groups total less than 8,000,000 individuals. Of the remaining 3,316 least-reached groups, about 1,329 are under 50,000 in population. That leaves 1,987 Least-Reached groups 50,000 and over in population. A vibrant church in a large group may take the gospel to a number of smaller satellite people groups that have ethnic similarities.