The Convening Group includes the Directors and Facilitators of:
- Philippines Mission Association
- India Mission Association
- Malaysian Mission Network
- Nigeria Evangelical Missions Association
- Indonesian Evangelical Alliance
- Indonesian Research Network (PJRN)
- US Center for World Mission
- COMIMEX; COMIBAM (Latin America Mission Network)
- Central Asia Consultation
- CRAF (Francophone Africa Partnership)
- Arabian Peninsula Partnership
- China Source
- SWPeoples Partnership
- SEANET Buddhist World Network
A New Pattern of Leadership
Ethnê is a decentralized movement built on the strength of various global, regional, national and UPG-focused networks. The movement will be ongoing but the core leadership will change each time to another network on another contient. The core leadership team representing major regional or country networks take turns to convene these periodic global meetings. Frankly, this decision is also an effort to make sure that this emerging network be truly global and not dominated by any one region.
Rotating Convening Group
For this Ethnê06 SEALINK (the SEAsia UPG network) was the core of the Convening Group. For the 2006 – 2009 cycle leading up to Ethne ’09, Comibam is the core of the convening group. The SEALINK Steering Committee invited key leaders from around the world to join as a part of the larger Ethnê Convening Group.
At the Ethnê 09 meeting, the responsibility will be passed to one of the other regional networks who will become the core of the next planning group for the next meeting. Thus, the leadership of each cycle will be varied.